To qualify for services with Boone Supported Living, an individual must have a developmental or intellectual disability within parameters set by Medicaid and Missouri’s Department of Mental Health. These parameters include, but are not limited to, mental/physical impairments that:
- occur while the person is still developing (before age 22)
- result in major difficulties with two or more of the following:
- living independently
- getting and keeping a job
- are lifelong or of extended duration
- require individually planned and coordinated services and assistance
- have an IQ below 70
*Mental illness is not a qualifying diagnosis.
Examples of developmental and intellectual disabilities include:
- Behavior disorders.
- Brain injury.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Down syndrome.
- Fetal alcohol syndrome.
- Intellectual disability.
- Spina Bifida.
- Fragile X syndrome.
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
Contact us today with any questions. We are here to help.