Our mission at Boone Supported Living is to provide ordinary lives for extraordinary people. One of the ways we do this is to offer Host Homes. If you have a loved one with a developmental disability and you are looking for an alternative to nursing home care, a Boone Supported Living Host Home is a possibility worth investigating.
What is a Host Home?
Host Homes offer a community-based living alternative where individuals or families open their homes to people with developmental disabilities that have qualified for services with the Department of Mental Health. Care is taken to match a host home with the individual needing supports so that a beautiful family bond is formed. The goal is to be a family member, not a visitor.
What does the Host Home provide?
A Host Home is more than just another housing option. Your family member will have the opportunity to participate in the activities of the host family. The home’s primary caregiver provides training, assistance, and supervision. Support can range from daily living skills, such as personal hygiene or food preparation, to instruction on social skills and problem-solving.
How does a Host Home benefit my family member?
In addition to giving your loved one a place to call home, we make every effort to place them with individuals or families that have similar interests. We want you to choose the host family that best suits your loved one’s personality.
Here are just a few of the many other benefits of living in a host home:
- Complete 24/7 care is provided.
- All room and board expenses are paid to the Host family from your loved one’s Social Security benefit.
- All expenses for the services provided around the clock are paid by your loved one’s Medicaid benefit.
- The Provider will transport your loved one to and from doctor’s appointments, therapy sessions, or community activities.
- Your loved one will receive personalized support and training based on their specific needs.
- Although one or two other people with developmental disabilities may live in the home, each person will have their own bedroom.
Contact Boone Supported Living
If a Host Home sounds like the perfect option for someone in your life, contact Boone Supported Living to discuss eligibility criteria. We would love to meet with you and discuss your needs.